If You Are A Food Lover, You Should Try Your Hands On Pineapple Fried Rice
When you hear Pineapple, many of us just think of how to eat as a fruit or use it for a smoothie. Right! Bet you didn’t know you can use it to prepare fried rice.
But if you a lover of good food especially Asian food and you like a little adventure and trying new recipes; then the pineapple fried stir fried rice is what you need to try next.
According to research,it is literally the sweetest fried rice ever, so why do you try it outtoday!
- 1/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil (any other vegetable oil will do)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Thumb size ginger (minced)
- 4 raw eggs
- 1 red bell pepper (tatashe) – chopped
- 1 -2 cups green peas
- 1 small pineapple (peeled and cubed)
- Seasoning (maggi, knorr etc)
- Salt – to taste
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 cups of day old cooked basmati rice, substitute with long grain or jasmine rice
- 16-20 shrimps (cleaned and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Basil leaves (chopped or left in whole)optional
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add in oil. Add in minced onion, garlic and ginger. Stirfry until onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Move the onions aside, add in beaten eggs and scramble. Remove the scrambled eggs and set aside
- Add in salt, maggi white pepper into the fried onions. Stir. Add in pineapples, peas, shrimp and red pepper. Increase heat to high and stir fry until most of the moisture is evaporated.
- Add in rice. Stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add in scrambled egg and gently combine.
- Fried rice is ready to serve. Serve with some spicy chicken