Make A Quick Jug Of Zobo With This Very Simple Recipe
Zobo, the popular refreshing drink made out of steeping mauve coloured dried leaves in warm water. It is a refreshing drink that can be eaten with snacks or whole meals and it has amazing health benefits.
This drink is also not as difficult to prepare as some think it is. Recipe? Read below.
You will need
- 2 cups of the zobo leaves
- 6 cups of water
- 1 orange – juice and rind
- 1/2 a lemon – juice and rind
- 2 tablespoons of whole cloves – called konafuru
- 1 tablespoon of dried chilli flakes – substitute with dried shombo or cayenne pepper (dry pepper)
- 1 cinnamon stick – substitute with 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey
- 2 stumps of fresh ginger
- Sugar syrup to finish – optional
1. Measure two cups of the zobo leaves, pour into a colander and give it a good rinse with cold water.
2. Measure the cloves and grind into a powder
3. Prep the other ingredients i.e slice the orange, extract the juice and cut up the pulp and rind into quarters. Do the same for the lemon
4. In a pot, add the zobo leaves and 6 cups of cold water. Set the heat to low and add all the ingredients from Step 3, including the cinnamon stick.
5. When the mixture starts to boil, take it off the heat.
Leave to chill in the fridge, or hasten the process by adding ice cubes and serve garnished with slices of Orange, Lemon and Lime.
This video would guide you as you make Zobo