You Will Crave Ofada Stew More With This Yummy Recipe
Ofada sauce also known as “Ayamase”, is a delicious sauce that is based on a local recipe that is sure to get your mouth watering.
It is usually served alongside Ofada rice hence the name ofada sauce, but most people eat it with long grain rice, yam, speghetti etc.
If you want you ofada sauce to taste better, then you need to try this recipe.
- Pepper (Ata Rodo)
- 2 green tatashe peppers or green bell peppers
- Locust bean
- Palm oil
- Crayfish (Optional)
- Assorted meat (Beef, Shaki, Cow Tripe)
- Fish (Dry fish or Stockfish)
- Salt & Maggi
- Wash and blend the pepper and the onion, or to get the perfect sauce, you can slice the pepper and onions.
- Grind the crayfish with a dry mill.
- Boil the meat and fish with seasoning until well done.
- Cut the meat and fish into smaller bits, it make the meat simmer well into the sauce and easier to eat.
- Pour the blended pepper into a separate pot and cook on high heat until all of the water dries up.
- Pour the red palm oil into a clean, dry pot and bleach for a few minutes until it turns clear.
- Let the oil to cool a bit and then add the boiled pepper and fry the mixture.
- Add the crayfish, locust bean, as well as the meat and fish, and stir well.
- Add salt to taste, leave the mixture to simmer and it is ready to be served.
- Note; you can add boiled eggs to your sauce just to increase the options inside the sauce.
Yippie!! your yummy ofada sauce is ready and you can serve with rice, yam or pasta.