All That Went Down At The 2018 Golden Globes Awards
The 75th Golden Globe Awards which held on the 7th of January 2018 kicked off with a political atmosphere even before the show officially began.
Actors and actresses wore black to protest sexual harassment, and several actresses, including Meryl Streep and Amy Poehler, walked the red carpet with activists to shift the focus back on survivors and solutions, and away from perpetrators of sexual misconduct.
The Golden Globe Awards, hosted by Seth Meyers, took place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California.
Below are a list of all the women who won big at the Golden Globe Awards 2018:
1. Best actress in a TV series (musical/comedy)
- WINNER: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
2. Best supporting actress in a series, limited series or TV film
- WINNER: Laura Dern, Big Little Lies
3. Best supporting actress in a motion picture (drama)
- WINNER: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
4. Best actress in a film (comedy/musical)
- WINNER: Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird
5. Best actress (drama)
- WINNER: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
6. Best actress in a TV series (drama)
- WINNER: Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale
7. Best actress in a limited series or television movie
- WINNER: Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Worthy of note also is Oprah Winfrey, who became the first black woman ever to win the Cecil B DeMille lifetime achievement award and used her acceptance speech to give a searing rebuke of racial injustice, sexual abuse, and attacks on the integrity of the press.
See some celebrities outfits to the event below
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Kerry Washington
3. Catherine Zeta Jones
4. Penelope Cruz
5. Naomi Campbell
6. Love Scott
7. Dakota Johnson
8. Halle Berry
9. Kendal Jenner
10. Mariah Carey
11. Heidi Klum
12. Mary J Blige