Asaana is a Ghanaian drink made from fermented corn and caramelized sugar. It’s refreshing on a hot day and it tastes really great.
Try your hands on this easy recipe from Teleande World.
Ingredients for Asaana
- 1 Cup Corn (Fermented)
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 5ml Milk
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1 ½ Liter Water
- Soak the corn in 800ml of water and let ferment for 3-5 days.
- Wash and rinse.
- Pour the washed corn into a saucepan over medium heat, add 700ml of water and bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain the juice from the corn and set aside.
- Pour the sugar into the saucepan and let it caramelize for 10 minutes.
- Add the fermented corn juice to the caramelized sugar, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then take off the heat and let cool completely.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and top with milk.
- Asaana ready to serve.
Check out this video for more details: