The name, Cori Gauff, was brought into the limelight after she had beaten up her idol, Venus Williams, in the Wimbledon championship, and the world has started to see her as a point of interest.
The 15-year old athlete has shown the world how important she is with her hardwork and success.
Here are 10 interesting things to know about her:
1. She was born on March 13, 2004 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
2. Her parents are also athletes- father, Corey Gauff played college basketball and mother, Candi Gauff played track and field.
3. Cori’s father, Corey, is her coach.
4. She started playing tennis at age 6.
5. Her family moved back to Delray beach, Florida where she began tennis as a career at age 7.
6. At age 8, Cori Gauff won the “Little Mo” eight-and-under nationals.
7. Gauff won her first professional match after making her debut on the ITF Women’s Circuit in May 2018, qualifying in the $25K event at Osprey.
View this post on Instagram
I had an unbelievable experience here in NYC! I’m so thankful that I was able to win the @usopen junior doubles championship with @caty_mcnally and win my first mixed doubles match with @chris_eubanks96 ?! Also, it was my first professional grand slam experience playing the qualifying rounds and huge thanks to @usta for the opportunity. I‘ll carry these memories with me for the rest of my life and I can’t wait to be back next year❤️ #McCoco #CocoBanks
8. In June 2019, she became the youngest player to win a main draw singles match at Wimbledon since Jennifer Capriati in 1991.
9. Gauff has multi-year sponsorship contracts with sports brand, New Balance and Italian food company, Barilla.
10. Cori Gauff lives in Delray Beach, Florida with her parents and two brothers.