This Red Velvet Cookie Is The Perfect Snack Option This Ramadan Holiday
You know this is quite a strange recipe to you as you used to your milk and chocolate cookies, but who says you cannot try your hands at this amazing red velvet cookies recipe? Sure, you’d enjoy it.
Below is a very easy recipe
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Red food colouring
- 1 large egg
How to prepare
- For this recipe, let the butter be very soft or almost melted. This will help the cookies to spread more in the oven. you can melt your butter for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and red food colouring with a spatula or electric mixer.
- In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and egg using a small spoon.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until dough ball forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out the cookies.
- Bake in the upper part of the oven for 11-12 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely