Social media is another yardstick in measuring the success of a celebrity in this modern dispensation which explains the frenzy over ‘followers’ on social media platforms as at today.
One of the biggest social media platforms where celebrities all over the world have been able to use to interact with their fans is Instagram.
Love it or hate it, Instagram has become the platform where celebrities show off to the world what they are up to personally and career-wise. For our Nigerian celebrities, it’s been a bittersweet story on the social media app as they get as much love and an equal amount of shading, dragging and calling out which sometimes gets really messy.
Despite the shortcomings, these celebrities have continued to amass huge numbers of followers. The numbers keep increasing depending on the influential strength of the celeb.
1. Funke Akindele – 7.9 Million Followers
2. Tiwa Savage – 6.7Million Followers
3. Genevieve Nnaji – 5.4 Million Followers
4. Mercy Aigbe – 5.1 Million Followers
5. Wizkid – 7.4 Million Followers
6. Simi – 4.2 Million Followers
7. Davido – 10.6 Million Followers
8. Yemi Alade – 6.8 Million Followers
9. Don Jazzy – 6 Million Followers
10. Ayo Makun (AY Comedian) – 5.4 Million Followers