Onion adds flavor to all dishes. Asides from the fact that it adds flavor to food, it als0 has a lot of nutritional benefits.
You can do so much more with onions, starting with this onions rings recipe.
Onion rings is a simple yet delicious recipe that you shouldn’t hesitate to try. Each bite is an explosion of flavors in your mouth.
1.2 large onions, sliced
2. 2 eggs, whisked
3. ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
4. 2 tsp of salt
5. 2 tsp of cayenne pepper
6. 1 tsp of sugar
7. 1 tsp of garlic powder
8. 3 serving spoons of vegetable oil.
- Arrange your sliced onions neatly on a baking sheet and separate into rings.
- In a bowl, combine your flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic powder.
- Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan and place on medium heat
- Dip your onion rings into the flour mix, roll and ensure all sides are covered.
- Then dip each flour-coated onion ring in whisked egg.
- Fry the coated onions in heated vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil by placing the onion rings on paper towels.
- Onion rings are best enjoyed with mayo dips or pepper sauces.
Watch this video for more direction.