Make Your First Plate Of Dodo Ikire In 2 Minutes Using This Recipe
Dodo ikire is a unique snack very popular in the western part of Nigeria. It is believed to have originated from Ikire, a tribe in Osun state, Western Nigeria. It’s a good snack to prepare when you have overripe plantains and a little time on your hands.
The most surprising thing about this snack is that it is quite filling and you can take it with any drink of your choice. It is also not very time consuming or difficult to make.
- 3 large plantains with black skins
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil (1/3 palm oil and 2/3 vegetable oil) for frying.
How To Prepare
1. Dice the plantains and mix in the pepper and salt and form into small balls.
2. Heat the oil until hot but don’t let it start to smoke.
3. Flatten the balls slightly and place them in the hot oil.
4. Lower the heat slightly and fry the plantain balls until they are browned.
5. Remove with a perforated or slotted spoon and drain in a sieve lined with paper towels.
This video is the best there is on Dodo Ikire