Make Tasty Stew Without Tomato In Minutes With This Easy Recipe
It is not every time that stew should be made with tomato. You can make yours without it and it will come out very tasty. Want to try it out? We are sure you do. Find below a very easy recipe to school you.
1. 6-8 Large tatashe (Red bell pepper/paprika) you can use dried ones to compliment it
2. Scotch bonnet chillies (ata rodo/habenero pepper)
3. 2 large onions
5. bullion cube of choice (knorr/maggi)
6. Thyme, optional
7. Protein of choice (I used turkey)
8. Palm oil
9. Vegetable oil
How to prepare
1. Add washed turkey to a pan, add salt, chopped onions, thyme and seasoning (maggi) with little water and bring to boil till tender. Once it is done, set aside.
2. Add the de-seeded pepper and onions to a blender, add water and blend till smooth
3. Place a pan on a medium heat, add palm oil and vegetable oil and heat for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the blended pepper and reduce the heat (cook on low heat to avoid burning) continue to cook till stew begins to thicken up and oil separating from the stew (dilute stew with water or stock if it is becoming too thick)
5. Add salt and seasoning, your protein of choice and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes or till oil floats on the top of the stew.
6. Serve the stew with your favourite vegetable soup, draw soup or rice.
Photo Credit: My Active Kitchen