This Is The Perfect Recipe To Make Hot Buttery Popcorn Easily
Ever tried guguru and epa? Oh you have not? Then this recipe is specially for you. Popcorn is a great snack for any occasion and most people love it more because it is very filling.
Need a new snack at home, then this is just for you.
• 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp. Butter/ Margarine
• 1 cup popcorn kernels
• ½ tsp. salt or 2 tbsp. sugar
How to make popcorn
1. The first step is to choose the type of fat you want to use. You could either use cooking oil, margarine or butter which is the most preferable. Using butter gives it a wonderful flavor.
2. You could add this before and after popping. Place the fat you intend using in the pot and let it melt. Pour the melted butter into a separate dish and set aside.
3. Pour the vegetable oil into the pot and add about 3 kernels into it. Cover the pot and place on the stove burner. Cook over medium heat until the 3 kernels pop.
4. Remove the popped kernels from the pot and add the salt or sugar and the rest of the corn kernels.
5. Place the pot back on the burner on medium heat making sure the pot is properly covered. Not only does this ensure you don’t burn the popcorn, it also ensures all of the kernels pop.
6. Cook while shaking the pot occasionally until the popping in the pot slows down. Take the lid off of the pot to let the steam out and keep the popcorn crisp.
7. All you have to do is drizzle your popcorn with a good quality melted butter and you’re good to go. you can use a paper bag to mix the popped corn and butter together.
Serve with roasted groundnut and you have your guguru ati ekpa ready.