Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Jackie Aina is one of the most popular beauty influencers on the internet.
She is known for being savvy, witty, and willing to call out the beauty industry’s lack of diversity. She went from being in the army, practicing with makeup, empowering influencers, to becoming one of YouTube’s top beauty gurus.
As she turns a year older today, here’s what you should know about her:
1. She was born Jacquelyn Lonje Olayiwola Oyeshola Bolayemi Aina on August 4, 1987.
2. Her father is Nigerian while her mother is African American.
3. She is the eldest of six siblings.
4. Her parents wanted to be a doctor.
5. Aina joined the US Army Reserve in 2008 where she soon developed an interest in creating beauty videos on YouTube.
6. Her favorite bible phrase is Philippians 4:13: “ I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
7. She has hyperhidrosis, a genetic condition that makes someone sweat a lot in some parts of the body.
8. Her YouTube channel has more than 3.5 million subscribers.
9. She’s very outspoken about her beliefs and campaigns for African Americans in the cosmetics industry.
10. Aina has partnered with top brands like Elf Cosmetics, Sigma Beauty, Too Faced, Anastacia Beverly Hills to produce and promote beauty products catering more to African Americans.
11. She won the NAACP Image Award for “YouTuber of the Year in 2018.
12. She was previously married at age 21 to a military man who she later divorced.
13. She is engaged to her Ghanaian boyfriend, Denis Asamoah, a writer, and motivational coach. He proposed on her 32nd birthday in 2019.
14. She founded FORVR MOOD, a home goods line that sells candles, skincare products, and fragrances in July 2020.