Tonto Dikeh is one of the most popular Nigerian celebrities who have gone beyond borders to boost their career. She has not only been acting, but she is also a singer, brand ambassador and philanthropist.
Tonto Dikeh was all about her birthday, even from the month of May, and we couldn’t get enough of her birthday preparations.
The actress is also a beauty to behold, and here are fascinating things to know about her:
1. Her full name is Tonto Charity Dikeh and was born on June 9, 1985.
2. She hails from Ikwerre tribe in the Obio akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.
3. She lost her mother at the age of three and was raised by her step-mother.
4. She studied petrochemical engineering at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology.
5. She participated in The Next Movie Reality Show in 2005 which launched her into limelight.
6. Tonto Dikeh began her acting career in 2006 and has acted in over 100 movies one of which is Dirty Secret, which generated controversy among Nigerians due to its inclusion of adult scenes
7. She ventured into music and released two singles “Hi” and “Itz Ova”. She also featured in a music video for Amaco Investments, alongside Patience Ozokwor.
8. B’banj signed her to his record label DB Records on 13 June 2014 but she left in March 2015.
9. She married Olakunle Churchill in 2015, and they both divorced in 2017.
10. Tonto Dikeh gave birth to her son Andre Omodayo Churchill in February 2016. She calls him King.
11. She has nicknames like ‘Poko’, ‘Mama King’ and ‘Tontolet’.
12. She won Best Actress of the Year at Eloy Awards in 2013. She also won Best Actress Award by Peace Ambassador Awards in 2016 and was honoured with the Social Good Awards for her work with the Tonto Dikeh Foundation in 2019.
13. She owns a foundation called The Tonto Dikeh Foundation which centers on making life better for all displaced and under privilege women, girls, youth, and children in Africa.
14. In May 2019, Tonto Dikeh signed a major N100m deal with Zikel cosmetics as a brand ambassador.
15. She launched her cooking food show ‘Grub and Rub’ in April 2020.