There is a name on everyone’s lips at the moment and its none other than Adeyinka Alaseyori.
The gospel singer has garnered the support of Nigerians after a video of fellow singer, Tope Alabi downgrading her song ‘Oniduromi’ went viral.
Recall that the singer first got people talking in April when a video of her doing ‘legwork’ during a ministration leaked online.
Here are some facts about the sonorous singer.
1. She was born Adeyinka Akinyemi on June 4 in Lagos but hails from Ondo State.
2. She is the first of four children.
3. She grew up with her grandmother as her parents separated at the time she was born but reconnected years later.
4. She was a member of her church’s choir while growing up.
5. Adeyinka attended Holy Trinity Nursery and Primary School, Ebute-Metta for her primary education, and Methodist Girls’ High School, Yaba for her secondary education.
6. She has a degree in Accountancy from Lagos State Polytechnic and National Open University (NOUN) respectively.
7. She was an accountant before she ventured into gospel music.
8. She started her music career professionally in 2012 but came into the limelight in 2020.
9. Adeyinka earned her stage name ‘Alaseyori’ from her first album, ‘Alaseyori Mi’.
10. She currently has 3 albums to her credit, Alaseyori Mi, Alaabo Mi, and Arojinle. Some of her popular songs include Aye Ope Yo, Oniduromi, Arojinle, The Almighty God, Oba Atobiju to mention a few.
11. She made headlines when she was contracted to perform for soccer star, Odion Ighalo on his 31st birthday in June 2020.
12.Adeyinka has also performed at various Christian concerts and functions in the country.
13. She got married to her long-time friend manager on December 5 2015 and they are blessed with a son.