Make Aloe Vera Gel At Home With These 7 Easy Steps

Are you a writer or blogger? Email info@fabwoman.ng to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers

aloe vera gel homemade

Aloe vera gel is well known for it’s medicinal and antibacterial uses. Over the years it has been used to treat various ailments, promote hair growth, reduce dental plaque and to make effective beauty products and cosmetics.

Aloe vera is a succulent plant that is mostly grown in tropical climates like Nigeria. Its gel contains 99 percent water. The remaining 1 percent of its content is what makes all the difference.

READ: 3 Essential Beauty Benefits Of Aloe vera To Prevent Aging

It contains essential vitamins like vitamin A, C, E, B12 and folic acid that work as antioxidants against free radicals.

Seeing all the benefits and uses of Aloe Vera gel it is important for every woman to have it in her home.

So many cosmetic brands have packaged and processed aloe vera gel for sale yet they are mostly filled with preservatives and can be quite expensive

We do not want you to miss out on the benefits of this miracle plant so here is an easy, organic and inexpensive way to make your own aloe vera gel at home.

HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN ALOE VERA GEL

  • Aloe Vera Plant
  • Sharp Knife
  • Chopping Board
  • Storage Container

STEPS TO MAKE YOUR OWN ALOE VERA GEL AT HOME

  • Harvest a mature (or more depending on the quantity of gel you want) aloe vera plant
  • Wash the aloe plant thoroughly in clean water
  • Chop off the spiky ends with a knife.
  • Peel off the upper skin of the plant.
  • Place the leaf over a bowl and using multiple short strokes, scrape out the gel.
  • Continue to scrape the pulp until all the gel is extracted.
  • Transfer the collected aloe vera gel into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator until needed.

aloe vera gel homemade diy

Huggies Nappy Pants

Ensure that your hands are thoroughly clean before you begin extracting the gel because any form of bacteria can contaminate it.

Watch this simple video tutorial by Arpita Nath…