The grand finale of AMVCA 2022 (Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards) eighth edition held at the Eko Hotels, Lagos.
The award show kicked off on Sunday, May 8 with series of event consisting of a fashion runaway show, content creators brunch, young filmmakers’ day, culture, and food festival day.
The awards night was hosted by IK Osakioduwa and South African TV presenter, Bonang Matheba.
Osas Ighodaro was the biggest star of the night as she grabbed two awards at the #AMVCA8.
Ighodaro won ‘Best Actress in a Drama/TV series for her role in ‘RattleSnake: The Ahanna Story’. In her emotional speech, she dedicated the award to her late mother who cared for her daughter while she worked on the movie.
Moments later, she won the award for ‘Best Dressed Female Celebrity’ going home with a cash price of N500,000. She was nominated alongside Bisola Ayeola and Bimbo Ademoye.
Nigerian actress and producer, Teniola Aladese won the Trailblazer award, going home with a cash price of one million naira, and also an extra gift of $2,000 dollars from the Hollywood star, Tasha Smith.
See the full list of winners below.
1. Best actress in a comedy – Funke Akindele Bello (Omo Ghetto: The Saga).
2. Best supporting actress – Omowunmi Dada (Country Hard).
3. Best actress in a drama – Osas Ighodaro (Rattlesnake).
4. Best movie West Africa: Collision Course – Bolanle Austen-Peters, Joseph Umoibom
5. Industry Merit Award – Taiwo Ajayi-Lycett
6. Trailblaizer award – Teniola Aladese
7. Best Dressed Female Celebrity – Osas Ighodaro
8. Best Makeup – Balogun Abiodun ( Omo Ghetto The Saga).
9. Best costume designer – Millicent T. Jack (Amina).