Want to change your dessert? Apple Pie is a perfect choice as it offers you amazing nutrients and satisfaction you can ever think of. This Apple Pie Recipe combines the sweet and tender flavours of baked apples with a deliciously flaky pie crust.
Apple pie with ice cream is one of my favourite desserts, and it couldn’t be easier to make homemade. This post will show you how to make this yummy food.
1.Double Crust Pie Pastry
2. 1 egg white beaten
3.1-2 teaspoons coarse sugar
1.6-7 cups apples peeled and sliced
2. 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3. 1/2 cup granulated sugar
4. 3 tablespoons flour
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6. 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients and toss well. Set aside.
- Line a 9″ pie plate with pastry dough. Fill with apple filling.
- Roll out top crust, place over top of the pie. Seal edges and remove any excess dough.
Beat egg white and 2 teaspoons water. Cut 4-5 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 375°F and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Watch this video for more direction.