10 Things To Know About Smart Money Woman, Arese Ugwu
Arese Ugwu is the author of the bestselling and ground-breaking The Smart Money Woman, the financial-chick-lit novel that has taken Africa by storm, engaging young Africans on the importance of financial literacy and the impact it has on helping them get money, keep the money, and grow money.
She uses all means to reach her audience with accessible content that explains and navigates Africa’s unique financial landscape, delivering practical knowledge.
As she celebrates her birthday today, the 19th of March 2019, here are some inspiring things to know about her:
READ – These 7 Outfits By Arese Ugwu Proves She Is Also A Smart Money Dresser
1. She is helping young Africans discover their power to build their future and make smarter money decisions through Smart Money Africa, a personal finance platform for the African millennial.
2. Using the best of traditional and new media, Arese’s work appears in newspapers, on television, websites, social media, online videos, and through her book.
3. Her work in ensuring financial literacy for Africa’s youth has not gone unnoticed. In 2015 she was a finalist for Access Bank’s W Awards for Young Professional of the Year.
4. In 2016, she won Rémy Martin’s Pacesetter award and was nominated for The Future Awards Africa Prize for Education.
5. She serves on several boards including House of Tara, and the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation as a non-executive director, and is also an associate member of WIMBIZ, serving on its planning committee since 2015.
6. Arese holds an MSc in Economic Development from University College London (UCL) and a BSc in Business and Management from Aston Business School, Birmingham.
7. She is also an alumna of the of the Lagos Business School, INSEAD Abu Dhabi, and The London School of Business executive education programs.
Join the conversation. Post a comment