Ayo Adesanya is one popular name in the Nigerian film industry. The actress, director, and producer who has been in the industry for more than 20years is famous for her talent in English and Yoruba speaking movies.
We have decided to share a few notable facts about her as she turns 50 today.
1. Ayo Adesanya was born on August 11, 1969
2. She hails from Ijagun, Ogun State southwestern Nigeria.
3. She was born into a family of four children.
4. She lost her father at age 19.
5. She started working at a hospital at age 15. She worked there for 3 years and was able to save enough money for her university education.
6. She studied Communication and Language Arts from the University of Ibadan.
7. Adesanya started her career in 1996 after she completed her NYSC.
8. Her first role in acting was in Opa Williams ‘Onome’ TV series where she was paid N3000. She then went on to feature in Tunji Bamishigbin’s popular soap opera Palace, Most Wanted, Dy Leafs, Abused just to mention a few.
9. Her first Yoruba movie was in 2005 titled ‘Iru Okan’. She has featured, produced and directed several films after then.
10. She was formerly married to Goriola Hassan.
11. She has a son called Niyi Iremitide.