Shawarma is a tasty snack that traces its origin from the Middle East yet it has become a popular street meal in Nigeria. Hardly can you walk by any busy street without finding a shawarma joint nearby.
The good thing is this snack is easy to make. All you need is a tortilla wrap, chicken and vegetable fillings.
Making your own shawarma is actually healthier and definitely tastier because you would use enough ingredients to your satisfaction.
Learn how to make your own shawarma at home in 5 easy steps.
Ingredients (For Chicken Shawarma)
- Chicken breasts and thighs (boneless)
- Shawarma bread (you can get it in any supermarket)
- Vegetable oil (for stir-frying)
- Seasoning cube
- Chilli pepper/ Black pepper
Steps To Prepare Chicken Shawarma
1. Wash and slice the vegetables
2. Mix the vegetables with some mayonnaise and ketchup
3. Put the boneless Chicken strip in a bowl, add the marinade (vegetables and ketchup) and mix properly. Cover and store in a refrigerator. (Tip: The longer it marinates in the refrigerator, the tastier).
4. Heat up a tablespoon of oil, add marinated chicken, stir-fry until golden yellow.
5. Spread the shawarma bread on a flat surface, add the Mayonnaise-ketchup-veggies mixture and the marinated chicken. Sprinkle some Chilli pepper and roll the wrap and tuck the edge. Warm it up a bit by placing it in an oven or on a heated pan for about 3 minutes.
Your homemade Chicken shawarma is ready, you can serve with freshly fried potato chips and a chilled drink.
Also, watch this video tutorial for more.