Dr Anu also known as Sisi Anu is a popular cosmetic surgeon who runs a clinic called Med Contour in Lekki, Lagos.
She has been at the centre of controversy for some years over her failed and illegal procedures some of which has led to death.
Here are some facts about her.
1.Dr Anuoluwapo Adepoju was born on June 15.
2. She is the only child of her mother who is an influential person in Nigeria.
3. She graduated in 2015 with an MBBS degree from the University of Lagos College of Medicine.
4. She has carried out over 300 procedures.
5. She has certified training in liposuction and in hair transplantation and other minimally and non-invasive procedure from the United States and Estecenter Plastic Surgery Center Istanbul, Turkey.
6. She also participated in the live educational body cadaver workshop in Florida Orlando where she performed different cosmetic procedures ranging from liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lifts, implants, and Brazilian butt lifting.
7. Dr. Anu had a three-month intensive training and mentorship programme with Desoto Family and Surgery Centre, Desoto, Texas.
8. She is an alumni of Lagos Business School, Enterprise Development Centre.
9. She is registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and a graduate member of the Nigerian Medical Association.
10. She is a physician member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
11. Her stint with controversies first began in February 2019 when Nneka Miriam Onwuzuligbo, a beauty queen died. Nneka was in the coma for 31 days after undergoing a buttocks enlargement procedure.
12. She became news in April 2020 when Twitter influencer, OmohTee called her out for performing a failed surgery on her. She revealed that she paid N1.2 million for the butt implant and liposuction procedure but soon started experiencing complications.
13. Her clinic was shut down days after by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) after public outcry.
14. Dr Anu was arrested and arraigned at the Federal High Court, Ikoyi in July 2020 by FCCPC over her failed procedure which led to Nneka’s death.