It’s time to quit boring and regular breakfast and snack. It doesn’t have to be bread and egg or bread and tea all the time. Granola is one of the best choices to help you change your regular breakfast or snack.
Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other sweeteners such as brown sugar, and sometimes puffed rice, that is usually baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown.
This food will not only give you the right nutrients, but it would also fill you. Here’s the recipe for Homemade Granola.
1.1/2 cup canola oil or other neutral oil, such as coconut or olive oil
2.1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
3.1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4.1/2 teaspoon salt
5.3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
6.1 cup sliced almonds
7.1 cup raisins or other dried, chopped fruit.
- Heat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Place the oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the oats and almonds and stir to coat. Stir to coat well.
- Spread the oats out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. If the granola is clumpy, use a spatula to press it into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, add the fruit, tamp down, and cool. Cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container. Transfer the cooled granola to an airtight container for long-term storage at room temperature.
Watch this video for better direction.