You Can Now Save Money And Make Mayonnaise At Home Using These Steps
It is only very few people who do not like mayonnaise- in almost every house you enter, you meet a bottle of mayonnaise, most of the time because of its unique taste or because it is a favourite of the children.
Most women do not know however that it s not very difficult to make and they end up spending tons of money and what they could spend less on.
To make mayonnaise, smoothly, easily and fast, please follow the tips below
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 cup of neutral flavoured oil (like light olive oil, grapeseed oil, walnut or sweet almond oil)
- A pinch of good quality salt
How to make
1. Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
2. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
3. Using 1/4 teaspoon measure and whisking constantly, add 1/4 cup oil to yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, about 4 minutes.
4. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup oil in very slow thin stream, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes (mayonnaise will be lighter in color).
4. Cover and leave it to set.
Watch this video to also aid you