Never tried an oil free okro soup before? Well this is your chance to try something new.
Most people are used to the normal okro soup (Ila Asepo) but not this one. This dish is just as delicious as the okro soup with oil.
You can learn how now with this recipe and video tutorial by ndudu by fafa.
500g of chopped fresh Okra
800ml of Chicken / Vegetable stock / water.
2 large finely diced red onions
30g of grated ginger
1 large habanero chilli
1 shrimp stock cube (optional)
1 clove of crushed garlic
Smoked Cod or Smoked Tilapia, cut into chunks
2 medium sized Sea bream, Red Snapper or Mackerel (cut in half and grilled for 12 minutes )
400g of blanched chopped Spinach or Cocoyam leaves
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
How To Make It
1. Place a saucepan on a medium heat. Add the chicken stock and bring it to the boil. You can use any stock of your choosing or water.
2. Add the chopped onions , ginger and garlic and cook for 4 minutes
3. Add the chopped Okra, stir and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add the bicarbonate soda , stock cube, half a teaspoon of salt and mix well.
5. Add your preferred fish and cook for 5 minutes
6. Add your chopped blanched Spinach, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Turn the heat off and leave to rest or 3 minutes before serving.
Watch the video tutorial