Jaiye Kuti is a popular Nollywood actress, producer, businesswoman, and brand ambassador.
As she turns a year older, here are some facts about her.
1. She was born Durojaiyeola Oluwakemi Kuti on July 10, 1971.
2. She hails from Yewa Ayetoro, Egbado in Ogun State.
3. Jaiye attended Ikorodu Grammar School before proceeding to Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State where she studied Secretarial Administration.
4. She later proceeded to the University of Lagos to study English Language.
5. She started her acting career in English soap operas starting with ‘Laff Patterns’ in 2002. She also acted in ‘Everyday People’, ‘Face to Face’, ‘Spiders’ etc.
6. Jaiye made headlines when she acted in the movie ‘Jaiyeola Ni-Mo Nje’ alongside Fuji star, Pasuma in 2014 with rumours saying the pair got married. This movie paved her way in the Yoruba movie industry.
7. She was made an ambassador of the Lagos State Polytechnic, for her contribution to the Nigerian film industry in March 2016.
8. She produced two movies ‘Olori Amolege’ and ‘Oro Mi’ in 2017.
9. Jaiye is the CEO of Jaylex Aesthetic Productions, a company that specializes in TV productions.
10. She was once a secretary for her husband, Mr. Lanre Kuti, a businessman who owns C.Ray Company Limited, an automobile company in Lagos before their marriage in 2000.
11. She has two children.
12. Jaiye was named Yoruba Movie Personality of The Year (Female) by City People in 2019.
13. She is an ambassador for Dano and Bstan Homes.