Many people are particular about going on a keto diet once in a while. Other people want to stay ketogenic and enjoy the benefits. Few people know about the keto diet and what it’s all about.
However, there are some things you still have to know about the keto diet before starting.
What is Keto Diet?
Going on a keto diet allows you to consume healthy fats to keep your body in a state of ketosis (breaking down of carbs or junk food or excess protein).
You need quality fat of about 60-70% of your diet as a ketogenic eater. The keto foods listed below contain healthy fats and oil that are great for the body.
Do you want to get rid of those carbs? Get these foods and stay healthy for your well being.
Keto Diet List
This is a comprehensive list of keto foods and drinks that you are required to consume as a ketogenic eater.
1. Eggs: They are a rich source of protein, but they are a rich source of fats.
2. Meat: Ham, Red beef, Goat meat.
3. Oils: Coconut oil, Olive oil, Vegetable oil.
4. Plain Greek Yoghurt
5. Nuts and Seeds: Pecan nuts, Almond nuts, Macadamia nuts, Cashew, Chia seeds, Flax seeds, and Walnuts.
6. Tropical and Citrus Fruits: Avocado, Pineapple, Apple, Orange, Lemon.
7. Berries: Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberries.
9. Butter, not margarine!
- Caffeinated coffee
- Red wine
Not all fats are equal, so be sure to regulate your intake of fats. Don’t get too engrossed in consuming keto foods.
Before going on a keto diet:
1. You must be physically healthy
2. You must not be pregnant or seeking a child
3. You must not be breastfeeding
4. You must not consume too much fat. It may be harmful to your liver.