Media Entrepreneur and youth development advocate, Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi has become the first woman to declare interest in contesting for the office of president come 2023.
Okunnu-Lamidi declared her interest to contest in the 2023 presidential elections on January 3rd.
Speaking at a media conference held in Lagos, she disclosed that her motivation in vying for the Presidency stems from her desire to make Nigeria work for its diverse populace, while also harnessing the undoubted power of its teeming youths to unleash the country’s latent potential as a force to be reckoned with globally.
While noting that 2023 is a defining moment for the country, Okunnu-Lamidi restated her confidence in playing a leading role in writing a new history and restoring hope for Nigeria.
Here are some facts about her.
1. 38-year-old Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi was born to a prominent Lagos family.
2. She is the only child of her parents but has both maternal and paternal step-siblings.
3. She is the daughter of elder statesman, Lateef Femi Okunnu (SAN), a former Federal Commissioner of Works & Housing. Her mother, Arinola Omololu, is a businesswoman of Ago-Owu pedigree.
4. She attended the University of Lagos Staff School & Childville School Yaba for her primary education (1986-1994) before proceeding to Atlantic Hall School Maryland for her secondary education (1994-2000)
5. She got her first job was at age 16 at The Motherless Babies Home Lekki where she was introduced to community influencing.
6. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management (Hons) from the University of Bolton RAK Campus in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and a Master’s degree in Strategic Project Management (SPM) from the prestigious Heriot-Watt University, Dubai.
7. She moved back to Lagos to undergo the mandatory NYSC programme where she taught Physics and Chemistry at a Lagos State Government School.
8. She worked at the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA) for four years before she delved into entrepreneurship.
9. Khadijah is the Founder & CEO of Slice Media Solutions, an advertising agency.
10. She is the first female to be featured as a cover story in an Out-Of-Home magazine in Nigeria and has also been featured as one of the Top 50 Women in Marketing & Communication in Nigeria.
11. She is a member of the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON),
12. She is known for her gender balance and youth development advocacy and is the brain behind some social impact initiatives such as – Water Relief Nigeria, Help Our Youth (HOY), To Better Nigeria & Project: Bridge the Gap.
13. She is happily married to Adeshola Lamidi, a Financial Analyst and Risk Management Professional and they are blessed with kids.