If you’re a huge fashion lover then we expect that you’re pretty excited about Lagos Fashion Week 2018.
The 8th edition of the Lagos Fashion And Design Week kickstarts today, October 24, 2018. Heineken Lagos Fashion Week is the leading event on the African Fashion calendar, attracting thousands of fashion experts, enthusiasts and media personnel across the continent and beyond.
This seasons event will feature over 50 designers showcasing their Spring/Summer 2019 collections.
If you are a constant attendee or even a first timer you know that street style looks are a huge aspect of Lagos Fashion week.
Everyone in attendance always brings their Fashion A-game as there’ll be a lot of paparazzi waiting to take pictures and no one wants to be on the worst dressed list.
We’ve made a roundup of 15 chic and fashion week worthy outfits as seen on our favourite fashion bloggers, style influencers and celebrities.
1. You can never go wrong with prints
2. Layer things up like a fashion pro
3. Pull up to fashion week in a monochrome ensemble
4. Color blocking is guaranteed to help you make a statement
5. Switch up a statement dress with trendy accessories
6. Polka dots are very much in trend so play safe and still make a statement
7. Keep it simple in bold colours like Hafymo
8. This look will definitely turn heads. Ditch the heels for sneakers or flats if you please.
9. Who says you can’t add a touch of Ankara to your outfit?
10. If you like quirky fashion you can totally pull this off
It’s true that making a statement can get you on the best-dressed list but comfort is also key.
Wear oufits you are comfortable in, if you can’t walk in heels for too long opt for sneakers or stylish flats (mules are a great option), also keep your accessories simple and chic.