Left-Handed or Left-Handedness is the ability of an individual to use their left hand better and more effectively than their right hand.
Less commonly seen but people with left-handedness are believed to be more skillful.
Today August 13 is the World’s Left-Handers Day and to celebrate this very special day, here are some facts you should know.
1. They make up roughly 12% of the world’s population
2. Because of how special they are, they have their own holiday named International Left Hander’s Day marked every August 13
3. Left-handers are nicknamed “SouthPaws”.
4. They are highly smart and some of the most popular inventors were left-handed like Isaac Newton and Benjamin Franklin.
5. There are more left-handed men than women in the world.
6. They are more likely to Suffer Language Problems
7. Multitasking comes naturally to people who are left-handed.
8. They suffer from sleep deprivation and insomnia
9. They are usually artists and mostly pursue careers in the creative industry.
10. Left-handed people tend to use the right side of their brain more.
11. Left-handedness is hereditary and a perfect example is the British Royal Family where Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William are all left-handed.
12. Mental disorders are seen to be common among left-handed people.
13. Mothers over 40 may be more likely to have left-handed babies.
14. Autistic people are more likely to be left-handed.
15. Many lefties learn to be ambidextrous which means the ability to use both their left and right hand.
16. At least four of the most popular presidents of the United States were left-handed.
17. Left-handedness is found to be more common in twins.
18. They tend to attain puberty later than right-handed people.
19. Famous lefties include Oprah and Justin Bieber, Bill Gates, Angelina Jolie.