Many know her as Ali Baba’s wife but Mary Akpobome is much more than that. The top banker who was born July 11, 1968, turned 50 today and there are so many things worth knowing about her.
1. Mary Akpobome was born on July 11, 1968, to Ben Bassey Udoh, and Janet Bassey Udoh in Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
It’s Here. My Golden Age Month. Jesus I Thank You O Wellu Wellu. I Can Do All Things Through You Lord & Through The Years, In Joy & Laughter, Pain & Tears You Have STOOD WITH ME. If I Count My Blessings Here, The Pages Wouldn’t Contain Them. All I Have To Saaasaay Is Kpukpru Ekom Enyene Abasi, Becasue – Only You Can Do, What No Man Can Do Jehovah! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
2. She attended Qua Iboe Mission Secondary School, Etinan, Akwa Ibom and proceeded to the University of Benin where she studied Theatre Arts graduating in 1991.
3. Mary started her banking career in 1991 and in her over 2 decades of banking experience she has worked in Citizens International Bank (now Enterprise Bank Limited, Nigeria) and Bank PHB (now Keystone Bank). Before joining Heritage Banking Company Limited as a pioneer Executive Director.
4. In 2001, she enrolled at the University of Lagos where she obtained her MBA.
5. She is also an alumnus of the prestigious INSEAD Business School, Orchestrating Winning Performance (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland and the Lagos Business School (LBS).
6. She is a member of the Institute of Directors (IOD), a fellow of the Institute of Credit Administration (ICA) and also the Chartered Institute of Bankers (CIBN).
7. In 2006, she married her longtime heartthrob, Alibaba Akporobome.
Happy 50th Birthday to @mummymary_. You deserve a huge celebration. You have persevered. You have laboured. You worked hard. You sacrificed. You prayed. You hustled. You put in the time. You were bruised. You were discounted… still you rose. Above everything. You had God. You had friends. You had mentors. You had family. You had guts. You have it all… so happy 50th Birthday my MTO… MaryB… MaBrandi… love you scatter. (Why are some people asking why am I in the picture of her birthday? I am backing her up naaaa)