Mary Remmy Njoku is a Nigerian actress, producer, and entrepreneur.
As she turns a year older, here is all you should know about her.
1. Mary was born on the 20th of March, 1985 in Festac, Lagos.
2. She hails from Nsukka, Enugu State and is the sixth child in a family of eight.
3. She attended Amuwo Odofin High School and Navy Town Secondary School, Lagos for her secondary education.
4. She then proceeded to Lagos State University where she studied for a degree in English Language. She also has a diploma in Computer Science.
5. Mary Remmy made her acting debut in the movie “Home Sickness,” at 17 but became a household name after starring in the movie “Blackberry Babes” in 2011.
6. Her sister Eucharia Remmy was killed by Boko Haram in 2011 while undergoing her youth service in Damaturu, Yobe State.
7.She got married to British born Nigerian entrepreneur Jason Njoku, the CEO of Iroko Tv on 18 August 2012 and they have three children, (two girls and a boy).
8.Njoku produced iROKtv, a YouTube platform that featured interviews with Nigerian celebrities, as well as coverage of Afrobeats and Nollywood events between 2011 and 2013.
9. She attended London Film Academy in the UK where she did a course on Producing:Movie Magic Budgeting & Schedule
10. In May 2013, Mary Remmy-Njoku, her husband and Bastian Gotter launched SPARK; a $2m company to support aspiring Nigerian tech and Internet entrepreneurs.
11. In 2013, she founded ROK Studios, a leading African film and television studio and production house based in Lagos, Nigeria. It has produced over 540 films and 25 original TV series, including Festac Town, Single Ladies, Body language, Losing Control and Husbands of Lagos since its launch.
12.Njoku launched ROK on Sky, a network airing across the UK in 2016. She also launched ROK on DSTV, a network airing across Africa, in the same year.
13. She was nominated for The Futures Awards and EbonyLife Prize for Screen Producer in 2017.
14.In April 2018, ROK Studios launched two new channels, ROK2 and ROK3, to meet the growing demand of ROK on DSTV.
15.She produced the movie Nwanyioma in 2018, where her role required her to completely shave her head.
15.In 2019, Njoku oversaw the acquisition of ROK to CANAL+, the largest international deal to-date for a Nollywood brand.