Our mental health is as important as our physical health and we must pay attention to it.
Everyone goes through mental health struggles at different points in time but the key is not allowing them to overwhelm us.
Today, Oct 10 is celebrated annually as World Mental Health Day, a day set aside since 1992 to bring awareness to mental illness and its major effects on people’s lives worldwide.
The theme for this year 2022 is ‘Make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority‘.
Here are some quotes to help. you live by.
1. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” — Lalah Delia
2. “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared, and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.”— Lori Deschene
3. “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — Lori Deschene
4. “We are not our trauma. We are not our brain chemistry. That’s part of who we are, but we’re so much more than that.” ― Sam J. Miller
5. “Your mental health is everything – prioritize it. Make the time like your life depends on it, because it does.” — Mel Robbins
ALSO READ: 6 Warning Signs Of Depression In Women
6. “Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health.” – Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
7. “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
8. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” ― John Green
9. “Just remember, you are not alone, in fact, you are in a very commonplace with millions of others. We need to help each other and keep striving to reach our goals.” — Mike Moreno
10. “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN.” — Matt Haig
11. “It is not the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.”― Aisha Mirza
12. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle
13. “I am bent, but not broken. I am scarred, but not disfigured. I am sad, but not hopeless. I am tired, but not powerless. I am angry, but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.” — Anonymous
14.“Being vulnerable is actually a strength and not a weakness — that’s why more and more mental health is such an important thing to talk about. It’s the same as being physically sick. And when you keep all those things inside, when you bottle them up, it makes you ill.” — Cara Delevingne
15. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” — Fredrick Douglass
16. “If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.” — Selena Gomez
17. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman