This Is The Simplest Nigerian Buns Recipe You Will Find Anywhere
Buns is one Nigerian snack that is not so difficult and you need not too many ingredients.
This snack can be taken with beverage, cold drinks or even warm milk.
Below is a simple recipe on how to prepare buns
- 2.5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Oil or melted butter
- Oil for deep frying
1. In two separate bowls, combine the wet and dry ingredients.
2. Add in the wet mixture into the dry mixture a little at a time while mixing with your hand.
3. Try not to overmix the batter. You want a Consistency that is thick and a tiny bit stretchy. This is the most important part as it determines how your buns takes shape
4. Place a deep pot on medium heat, add in 3-4 cups of oil.
5. When the oil is hot, scoop batter into oil ( You want the scoops to be kind of round but not perfect)
6. Frying the buns itself requires some patience and technique, because you are working with a thick batter, you want to make sure the Buns is cooked all the way through.
7. Turn the buns often while it’s in the oil, use a fork to poke holes in it while it’s in the oil. Let fry till golden brown; 2-3 mins per side.
This video would also help you