Njideka Akunyili Crosby is a Visual Artist from Nigeria who is doing big things in the art industry. Her painting Bush Babies was auctioned by Sotheby’s for a whopping sum of 1.2billion naira.
She lives in California, the United States of America is married to Justin Crosby.
Here are 7 additional things you should know about her.
1. Njideka was born and raised in 1983 in Enugu, Nigeria. She moved to Lagos when she was 10 years old to attend secondary school.
2. She is the daughter of the revolutionary Late Dora Akunyili who was the Director General of NAFDAC.
3. Njideka Akunyili Crosby attended Queens’ College, Yaba, Lagos.
4. She studied Biology and Art at Swarthmore University. She later went on to get a Masters of Fine Arts from the Yale University of Art.
5. Njideka was named as ‘Financial Times’ Woman of The Year in 2016.
6. She scored a McArthur Genius Grant in 2017.
7. Her visual art negotiates a cultural terrain between Nigeria, her birthplace and America, her adopted home.