Senator Oluremi Tinubu is a Nigerian Politician and philanthropist.
She is currently a Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District at the Nigerian National Assembly.
Here are some facts about her as she turns 60.
1. Oluremi was born on September 21, 1960, in Ogun State to an Itsekiri mother and Yoruba father.
2. She is the youngest of 12 children.
3. She attended Our Lady of the Apostles College and sat for her WASC in 1979.
4. She obtained a National Certificate of Education (NCE) in Botany and Zoology from Adeyemi College of Education Ondo, in 1982.
5. She then proceeded to obtain a degree in Biology Education from the University of Ife now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife.
6. She became the first lady of Lagos State when her husband, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was elected governor in 1999.
7. She established the New Era Foundation which is dedicated to women empowerment, youth development, and girl-child education during her tenure as the first lady.
8. Oluremi contested for the senatorial position of Lagos Central Senatorial District on the platform of Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN) in 2011 which she won.
9. She contested again in 2015 for the same seat and again was successful, but this time on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC)
10. She was one of the six women elected in the 8th assembly in 2015.
11. She retained her senatorial seat at the 2019 elections, making it her third tenure in office.
12.She has also written a number of publications; including an autobiography- The Journey of Grace – My FaithWalk.
13. She has won several awards and honours including the National Award of the Officer of the Order of the Niger [OON], Ghana Noble International Award for Leadership (2004), and Gambian Diamond Award for Immense Contribution to the Emancipation of People from Poverty (2005).
14. Oluremi holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Theology(PGD) from the Redeemed Bible College Ogun Station and is a pastor.
15. She is married to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and their marriage is blessed with children.