A Profile On Oluwatoyin Madein, Nigeria’s First Female Accountant-General Of the Federation
The President, Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the appointment of Dr (Mrs) Oluwatoyin Sakirat Madein as the substantive Accountant-General of the Federation.
Madein becomes Nigeria’s first-ever female Accountant General with her appointment.
The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr. Folasade Yeti-Esan CFR, made this known on Friday, 19 May 2023, in Abuja, adding that the appointment is with effect from Thursday, May 18, 2023.
The statement from the Office of the Head of Service of the Federation said Madein’s appointment took effect from Thursday, May 18, exactly one year after the ex-AGF, Ahmed Idris, was suspended. The new appointee is to resume immediately, the statement read.
Madein is replacing Ahmed Idris, suspended in 2022 for his alleged involvement in an N80 billion fraud case.
Here are nine facts to know about her.
1. Oluwatoyin Madein was born on 7th March 1965 in Iperu-Remo, Ikenne LGA, Ogun state.
2. She acquired a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy at Ogun State Polytechnic, now known as Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, in 1988.
3. She also obtained a master’s degree in business administration from Ogun State University, now known as Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye.
7. She has served in different ministries, including Police Affairs, Commerce and Industry, Works and Housing, and Youth and Sports Development, among others.
8. She is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA), a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), and the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.
9. Madein is happily married to Engr. Adeleke Olusina Madein and the marriage is blessed with four children.
Join the conversation. Post a comment