Popular TV presenter, actress and humanitarian, Rachel Bakam is dead.
Reports say the 38-year-old who had been ill for some days died on Tuesday from anaemia.
Here are some facts about her.
1.Rachel Bakam was born September 11, 1982, in Kaduna State where she grew up.
2. She lost her father at age 12.
3. She played a lead role in the Hausa drama series known as Rayuwa at age 16.
4. Bakam was president of the Literary and Debating Club then Head Girl in Kaduna Capital School and also the best graduating female student.
5. She was the best graduating student from the faculty of Arts at Ahmadu Bello University where she studied English and Theatre Arts.
6. She did her National Youth Service Corps at Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), where she produced and presented different TV programs like Trends & Rachel &, Saturday Morning, and Style Code.
7. Bakam also studied digital filmmaking at New York Film Academy.
8. She founded Rayzeds Media Ltd and was a media consultant for the Performing Musician Employers Association (PMAN) & African Fashion Reception Paris.
9. She is a 2015 alumna of the United States International Visitors Leadership Programme.
10. She got an endorsement deal with Numatville Megacity in 2016.
11. Bakam is the founder of the Water Ski and Wakeboard Federation in Nigeria.
12. Bakam has received several awards and nominations for her work some of which include the
- 2015 Pan African Humanitarian Award as the Most Promising TV Personality of the Year
- Sir Tafela Balewa Leadership Award as the Media Entrepreneur of the year
13. She was previously married to media personality, Israel Edjeren but they parted ways in 2014.
14. Bakam was alleged to have dated ex-footballer John Fashanu.
15. She has a 12-year-old son from her previous marriage.