[VIDEO] This Is The Easiest Way To Prepare Potato Fufu With Fresh Potatoes
Potato fufu is a staple food popular among the Yoruba tribe of Kwara state. It is made from cooked potato which can be supplemented with yam or flour to make it firm.
If you are looking for a healthy meal or an alternative way to enjoy your potatoes, then this potato fufu is perfect for you.
Ingredients for Potato Fufu Recipe
- 2 medium Irish Potatoes (spuds)
- Potato starch/ Corn flour
1. Wash and peel the potatoes, then chop them into large bits. Place washed potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and cook until tender. Do not season with salt.
2. When the potatoes are soft, drain any remaining water and mash them in the same pot. Then, using a wooden spoon, continue to flip and stir the mashed potatoes until they are smooth. you can also use a mortar.
3. Stir in a generous dusting of potato starch into the mashed potatoes. This will enable the mush to firm up. Continue to stir until the mash stiffens and tightens up. The more you add, the firmer the mash will become. Now, add some of the water that has been poured off (or some heated water).
4. Turn the heat up and allow the mash to cook for about 5 minutes. Stir the mash with the wooden spoon until the mash comes together. Your potato fufu is ready.
5. Serve with any soup of your choice.
Watch the video below for more clarity.
Join the conversation. Post a comment