Ever heard of potato minced meat pottage? We bet you haven’t!
Potato, which is one of the main ingredients of this meal is very nutritious and healthy as it supplies the body with the right amount calories and vitamins it requires.
This delicious food is easy to cook and requires limited time to prepare.
Here are the ingredients and steps you need to make yours.
1.4 cooking spoons of minced/ ground meat
2. 3 lobes of garlic (chopped)
3. 3 medium sized potatoes (diced)
4. 1 medium sized onions
5. 2 carrots (diced)
5. 1 green pepper (diced)
6. 1 tablespoon of corn flour
7. 1 1/2 spoon of vegetable oil
8. Dry pepper to taste
9. Seasoning and spices
10. Salt to taste
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, seasoning, garlic and set aside.
- Heat up oil to fry potato cubes, remove it and set aside.
- Fry onions for one minute.
- Add the seasoned meat to the onions and fry for about 10 minutes, stirring as you fry
- Cover the pot for 5 minutes for the meat to cook in its juice
- Add the carrots, green peppers and potatoes
- Dissolve the cornflour in water and add it to the meat.
- Allow it to cook for 3 minutes
- Keep stirring to get a thick sauce.
Try this recipe from @1qfoodplatter. Watch video below.
View this post on Instagram
Potato and Minced Meat one pot. Every warm spoonful is a pleasure exploding in the mouth. And then I use some bread roll to clean out the delightful sauce on the plate. . .Weather prediction today , for many states in Nigeria is showers of rain. So make a bowl curl up with a book or remote and enjoy. . . . Enjoy your weekend. #nigerianfoodie #potatocasserole #mycomfortfood #1qfoodplatter #nigerianfoodphotographer