Qasil powder is a natural remedy and this post highlights some of its benefits for the skin
Recently, there has been an emergence of natural beauty remedies many of which promise amazing results. One natural beauty ingredient that has garnered attention in recent years is Qasil powder, a traditional beauty secret whose history and origin are rooted in the customs and cultures of East African countries, particularly Somalia, Djibouti, and some regions of Ethiopia.
For centuries, the finely powdered powder known as Qasil has been made from the leaves of the Gob Tree, also called Gob or Gobbo in Somali.
Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, Qasil powder offers a number of benefits for the skin.
This post details the benefits of qasil powder for the skin and why you should incorporate it into your skincare regimen.
Benefits of Qasil Powder
1. Acts as a natural cleanser
Qasil powder acts as a gentle cleanser and it is perfect for all skin types. When combined with water, It forms a silky paste efficiently removing dirt, oil, and pollutants from the skin’s surface.
Qasil powder cleanses without disrupting the skin’s natural pH balance, leaving your skin feeling clean, refreshed, and not overly dry, unlike normal regular cleansers.
2. Treats acne
The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of qasil powder are extremely good for acne-prone skin. Qasil powder helps prevent breakouts by targeting acne-causing bacteria and reducing oil production. It also aids the the repair of blemishes, lowering the chance of scarring.
Its anti-inflammatory properties also assist in reducing redness and irritation, making it an effective treatment for eczema, and psoriasis.
3. Hydrates the skin
Qasil powder is known for its ability to retain moisture keeping the skin hydrated. It acts as a natural humectant, locking moisture into the skin. This hydration boost not only leaves the skin soft and supple but also contributes to the formation of a barrier that prevents moisture loss throughout the day.
4. Acts as a gentle exfoliator
Qasil powder’s fine texture makes it act as a mild exfoliator. It aids in the removal of dead skin cells, the unclogging of pores, and the refinement of skin texture, resulting in a smoother and more even complexion. Exfoliation with Qasil powder on a regular basis can help improve the absorption of subsequent skincare products.
5. Reduces hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation and dark spots, the after-effects of acne can be very frustrating to deal with. The natural skin-lightening ingredients of Qasil powder, such as vitamin C, act over time to gradually fade uneven pigmentation, resulting in a more balanced and radiant skin tone.
6. Helps tighten the skin
The astringent properties of Qasil powder can help tighten and tone the skin. Regular use might result in firmer skin texture, especially around areas like the jawline and neck. This natural tightening effect helps to give the skin a more youthful appearance.
7. Perfect as an under-eye mask
Qasil powder is perfect as an under-eye mask. Its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Regular application can brighten the eye area, giving you a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
8. Rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants are essential in the fight against the harmful effects of free radicals, which cause premature aging.
Qasil powder is rich in Vitamin E and flavonoids, two powerful antioxidants that help protect the skin from oxidative stress and lessen the visibility of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
9. Aids stress reduction
Using Qasil powder provides medicinal benefits. Its calming texture and all-natural smell promote relaxation and aid stress reduction. Using Qasil powder to take care of your skin turns into a self-care ritual that improves your general well-being.
10. Soothes sunburn and irritation
Qasil powder helps soothe irritated skin after exposure to the sun. Its naturally calming qualities aid in reducing redness and irritation, speeding up healing, and peeling.
How to use Qasil Powder for your skin
- Start by measuring out the desired amount of Qasil powder into your mixing bowl. A tablespoon or two is generally sufficient, but you can adjust based on your needs.
- Gradually add water to the Qasil powder while stirring gently. Continue adding water until you achieve a smooth paste-like consistency. The mixture should be easy to spread but not too runny.
- Make sure you have a make-up-free face. If you prefer, tie your hair back to keep it out of the way.
- Using clean fingers or a gentle applicator, apply the Qasil paste to your damp skin in gentle circular motions. Focus on areas that need cleansing and exfoliation, such as the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.
- Gently massage the paste into your skin for about 1-2 minutes. This will allow the exfoliating particles in the Qasil powder to remove dead skin cells and impurities.
- After massaging, allow the Qasil paste to sit on your skin for another 2-3 minutes. This gives the beneficial nutrients in the Qasil powder time to penetrate the skin.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water, ensuring that all traces of the Qasil paste are removed. Pat your skin dry with a clean, soft towel.
- Follow up with your favorite toner or hydrating mist.