Are you tired of the regular rice recipes? If yes, then we made this post for you.
We figured you might wanna try something new for the festive season so we brought one of the simplest recipes to you, Tumeric rice.
Tumeric, as you know is very beneficial to every woman’s health and beauty. You can take advantage of these benefits by infusing the powder into your diet.
Turmeric Rice is one of the most basic yet delicious rice recipes to prepare in your kitchen.
-Long grain parboiled rice
– ½ De Rica cup or 350g
-2 teaspoons turmeric powder
-1 teaspoon Nigerian curry powder
-1 teaspoon black pepper powder
-1 small red onion
– 2-3 cups chicken stock
– A small quantity of red pepper
– A handful of green peas
1.Pour the chicken stock into a sizeable pot.
2.Add the turmeric powder, Nigerian curry powder and black pepper.
3. Cover and cook till it boils.
4. Add the parboiled rice, stir and make sure that the liquid in the pot is at the same level as the rice. If not, top it up.
5. Taste for salt and add some if necessary. Stir, cover again, and start cooking on medium heat.
6. If you parboiled the rice correctly as described above, the rice should be done by the time the water dries up. Taste to confirm. If not, you will need to add more water and reduce the heat to prevent burning. Continue cooking.
7. When you can no longer see the water in the rice, add the diced red pepper, onions, and green peas. Stir only the top of the rice, cover, and continue cooking.
8. The rice is done when all the water dries up.
9. Stir with a spatula till the vegetables and the rice are well combined.
Watch this video for a clearer direction.