Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Uche Elendu is a Nigerian actress, singer, and entrepreneur.
As she turns a year older, here are some facts about her.
1. She was born on July 14th, 1986 in Abia State but grew up in Apapa, Lagos.
2. Her father is a retired civil servant and businessman whilst her mother is a teacher.
3. She is the eldest and only daughter in a family of four children.
4. She attended the Nigerian Ports Authority Staff School in Apapa, Lagos, and Federal Government Girls College, Owerri, for her secondary education before proceeding to study International Relations at the Imo State University.
5. Uche made her debut in the movie industry at a young age in 2001 with the movie ‘Fear of the Unknown‘.
6. She took a long break from acting which affected her career as an actress.
7. Her comeback in 2015 with a lead role in the movie Ada Mbano re-ignited her career.
8. She has acted in over 100 movies such as Security Risk, To Love And Live Again, Woman On Top, Holy Cross, Return Of The Ghost, Missing Rib, Most Wanted Bachelor, Mountains Of Evil, Bottom Of My Heart, Don’t Wanna Be A Player, Give It Up to mention a few.
9. Asides acting, she is also a singer and has three albums to her name.
10. Uche married Walter Ogochukwu Igweanyimba, a billionaire businessman who she dated for six months in January 2012 but their marriage crashed in 2016 over infidelity allegations.
11. She has two daughters.
12. She battled a medical condition called endometriosis which she spoke about in 2017.
13. She owns a hair brand and a beauty enhancement brand called Killer Curves.
14. She once won Most Promising Actress in Nigeria Award at the City People Awards.
15. Her second daughter, Sinach is a brand ambassador for Dano VitaKids.