Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
- 1/4 yam
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion bulb
- 1 seasoning cube
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Cut yam in large cubes and wash thoroughly, boil with salt and sugar solution. When yam is 85% cooked, spread on a tray, wait till it is totally cooled off then coat with flour.
- Dice green bell pepper and red bell pepper.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, thyme, curry, seasoning cube, diced onions, diced green and red bell peppers and salt to taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a frying pan.
- Deep yam into the egg mixture and put a reasonable amount of diced green and red bell pepper on top of the yam.
- Put as many yams as the fryer can take.
Note – don’t just throw the yam into the heated oil, ensure it is standing upright so that the bell peppers don’t fall off the top of the pan.
- When yam is golden brown, put on a platter lined with kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- This meal is best served hot.
This video by Zeelicious Foods will also serve as a guide.