Are you a writer or blogger? Email email@example.com to share your content with over 200,000 FabWoman readers
Yvonne Nelson is a Ghanaian-born model, actress, and movie producer.
Popular for her professional delivery in movies, she has made a name for herself in Nollywood.
Here are some interesting facts you would love to know about her as she turns a year older.
1. Yvonne was born on the 12th of November, 1985 in Accra, Ghana.
2. She is a descent of the Fante tribe, and her hometown is on Cape Coast.
3. She started her education at St. Martin De Porres School in Accra and later went to Aggrey Memorial Senior High School.
4. She had her tertiary education at Central University College, where she did a degree course in Human Resource Management.
5. She participated in Ghana’s prestigious pageant, Miss Ghana in 2005 but didn’t win the crown.
6. She rose to fame after she earned her first lead role in the movie Princess Tyra. She followed it with another hit ‘Playboy’.
7. Her first collaboration with Genevieve Nnaji in 2007 after she came to Nigeria launched her career in Nollywood and made her a celebrated public figure in Nigeria and Ghana.
8. She has gone on to feature in over 100 movies some of which include 4PlayReloaded, Crime to Christ; To Love and To Cherish with Genevieve Nnaji; Festival of Love; Local Sense; Golden Adventure; Tears of Womanhood; Keep My Love; Girls Connection; and
9. Yvonne also produced her first movie, The Price, in 2011, followed by Single And Married in 2012 and House of Gold in 2013.
10. She has won lots of awards which include Stars Best Actress at the Joy Nite FM Awards event in 2009, Favorite Actress at the 2010 Ghana Movie Awards event, Best Ghanaian Actress at the City People Awards in 2011, ‘Hottest Ghanaian Actress in Nollywood’ at the City People Entertainment Awards and Glitz Magazine Fans Favorite Actress at the Ghana Movie Awards both in 2013. She followed it with Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2014 Ghana Movie Awards.
11. She founded the Yvonne Nelson Glaucoma Foundation in 2010 to help create awareness about the disease.
12. She was romantically involved with Nigerian artistes, Iyanya and Ice Prince.
13. Yvonne welcomed her daughter, Rya with her ex-boyfriend, Jamie Roberts on October 29, 2017.