Your Face Will Never Remain The Same After Using This Avocado Facial Mask
Avocado masks are free from synthetic ingredients and chemicals, which tends to make them less allergenic and irritating than commercial products. By creating your own avocado facial mask, you can pamper your skin with a simple, natural and affordable beautifying treatment at home.
What you will need
1. 1/2 ripe avocado
4. 1 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
5. 1 tbsp. honey (optional)
6. 1 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
7. 1 egg white (optional)
8. Juice of 1/2 an orange (optional)
Follow these tips to make your mask.
1. Remove the pit from half an avocado and scrape the remaining flesh out of the peel and into a bowl. With a fork, mash the avocado until its consistency becomes creamy and free from lumps.
2. Add 1 tsp. lemon juice to the mashed avocado if you plan to save some or all of the paste for later use. Lemon juice prevents the avocado from turning brown.
3. Mix the avocado paste with any optional ingredients you choose to include in your mask–including 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tbsp. olive oil, the juice of 1/2 an orange or a raw egg white.
Although avocado facial masks are effective when made with avocado alone, these ingredients contain additional properties that may promote skin health, especially if your complexion tends to be oily.
4. Wash your face with warm water to remove any dirt, cosmetics or other accumulated debris. A clean skin will absorb the avocado mask’s oils more readily than skin coated with other substances.
5. Apply a thin layer of the avocado paste to your face with your fingertips, avoiding contact with your eyes and hair. Continue rubbing the paste onto your skin until your face is fully coated.
6. Leave the avocado mask on your face for at least 15 minutes or until the mixture fully dries. The longer you wear the facial mask, the more chance your skin has to absorb the mixture’s nourishing nutrients.
7. Remove the mask by rinsing your face gently with warm water; avoid harshly scrubbing the mixture off of your skin. Some beauty experts recommend splashing your face with cold water after removing the paste in order to close your skin pores. Dab your face with a towel to dry.