Do you know straightening your hair can be achieved without applying heat? Yes! It’s possible with milk. We know you’re shocked but it’s true. Milk contains two kinds of proteins, whey and casein. Casein and whey are both good for your hair. Milk protein helps thicken the hair and adds a natural shine to it.
Below are the procedures to guide you through the process of straightening your hair.
- Fill a spray bottle with milk. Coconut milk is possibly the best hair straightener. Although you can use any type of milk, the thick extra creamy milk will deliver better results.
- Spray the milk evenly on your damp hair. Remember that you need to condition all of your tresses, so make sure you spray enough on the scalp as well as the hair tips.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair. Do not let your hair curl up or get frizzy as it may trap milk, which will solidify and be a pain to remove later.
- Keep massaging the scalp. You need to give the milk the time to soak into the hair, nourish it and straighten the strands. You can perform other chores like throw the clothes in for a wash, or shave your legs, or even do your nails, in the meanwhile.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly through, so that you do not smell of milk later!
- Let the hair dry. If you have wavy hair, the milk mask will work like magic and straighten it. However, if you have a curly mane, it will soften and condition your curls.