Chidinma Ekile, popularly known by her stage name Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer, recording artist, stage performer, and songwriter. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa.
Afterward, the petite singer has won the hearts of Nigerians with many tunes some of which include, “Kedike”, “Jankoliko” and “Emi Ni Baller”.
Here are 7 things we believe you should know about this songstress.
1. Chidinma Ekile, the sixth of seven children, was born in Ketu, Lagos State.
2. She is from Imo State, Nigeria.
3. She was born on May 2nd, 1991
4. Chidinma started singing at the age of 6. At the age of 10, she joined her church’s choir.
5. She attended primary and secondary school in Ketu prior to relocating to Ikorodu with her family.
6.She had a chance to study Mass Communication at the University of Lagos but declined the admission due to her participation in Project Fame West Africa. She later returned to study Sociology at the same institution.
7. Following the release of the music video for her “Emi Ni Baller” single, she became the first female musician to peak at number 1 on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart.