Recipe: Try Your Hands On This Homemade Tomato And Ata Rodo Jam Recipe Today
Bet most of you didn’t know there was something called Tomato and Ata Rodo Jam.You heard right! Tomato and Atarodo, Sounds weird right?
The key ingredients of this jam is tomato and ata rodo jam (scotch bonnet chill) and it is absolutely delicious and best for eating fries, fish, and any other thing of your choice.
Below is a simple recipe on how to make jam.
-1kg fresh tomatoes
-5 pieces of scotch bonnet chillies (these five blew my head out so, go easy)
-21/2 cups of sugar
-2tsp rice vinegar
-2tbsp dried parsley or a handful of fresh ones (substitute with fresh basil/scent leaves)
-1tbsp ground ginger
-Storage jars, cleaned
1. Clean and rinse tomatoes and scotch bonnet chillies and remove the stems and set aside on a drain
2. With a knife, make a cross sign on top of the tomatoes and roughly chopped the scotch bonnet chillies and set aside
3. Boil a pot/kettle of water to a boiling point
4. Once the water is boiled, carefully drop the tomatoes into the hot water for about 30 seconds, you will notice the tomato skin peeling off, drain it and run under very cold water
5. Peel the skin off the tomatoes and roughly chop then set aside
6. Place a pan on a medium heat and add the chopped tomatoes, scotch bonnet, sugar and ginger and half a cup of water and bring to boil on low heat. Add the vinegar and continue to cook until it reduces to a thick jam, glossy and keep a close eye on it to avoid burning.
7. That is all