Many women spend time on their feet on a daily basis. From work to the market to the kid’s school. At the end of the day, there’s hardly ever enough time to pamper their feet.
It has been said that the condition of your feet can tell a lot about you? It goes without saying that well-groomed feet are the mark of a proud and confident woman, and the opposite is not.
The good thing is you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get well-groomed feet. In a few easy steps using household items, you can do your own pedicure.
Here’s what you’ll need for your home pedicure kit:
- a cuticle remover
- cuticle pusher
- a foot file
- nail buffer
- epsom salts
- warm water
- small tub or bath
- a toe separator
- cuticle oil
- nail file
- nail polish remover
- cotton balls or pads
- a base and top coat
- nail polish color of your choice
STAGE 1 – CLEANING
- Using a nail paint remover, remove the old nail polish with a cotton ball/pad.
- Then, clip your nails using a nail cutter, but make sure you cut across straight. Don’t cut corners too deep, or you will end up with painful ingrown nails.
- Decide the shape of your nails (square, oval, pointed, or squoval) so that you can file them accordingly.
- Use a nail filer to shape the nail to the desired shape. Do the filing with enough force to reshape the nail, but be gentle enough not to weaken them. Resist doing the back and forth motion across the tip of the nail, as it will weaken them. Instead, file in a single direction to get the desired shape.
STAGE 2 – CLEANSING
- Fill up some warm water in a tub to cover your ankles.
- Add shampoo and a few crystals of rock salt into the liquid or
- Add half a cup of Epsom salt, juice of an entire lemon and a few drops of essential oils to the water. This will soften and soothe inflammations, reduce any kind of pain, and reduce roughness.
- Sit comfortably and soak your feet for a good 15-20 minutes.
- Scrub off dead skin
- Dry your feet with a towel
STAGE 3 – PAINT YOUR NAILS
- Apply cuticle oil around toenails
- Moisturize with a foot moisturizer
After all, these are done you can proceed to paint your nails.
- Start off with a base coat. Use a toe separator to avoid smudging.
- Then apply your nail polish color of choice using thin strokes.
- Wait for the nail polish to dry. You can get busy with something else while you wait.
- Finish off with a clear top coat to protect it from chipping.
- Clean up any smudges
Your pedicure is all done and now your feet can be healthy, clean and gorgeous.